Interlinking is the short name given to Internal Linking. It is one of the most popular methods nowadays that SEO services use to provide relative and decent rankings to different web pages. Such pages are either linked or associated with the content of each other. When you interlink your web pages to your company website, you deliver your visitors a lot of useful information.
Internal Linking In Simple Terms
Let us take this instance for better understanding. Suppose that you visit a comic strip store that shows you the fresh arrivals. While you are looking for the Phantom series, the storekeepers can show you a few volumes only. They request you to visit other stores to find the different sizes. This can indeed be a bummer. Quite similarly, you would never appreciate the idea of visiting various sites to gather comprehensive information on any given subject and product. So an informative and duly interlink website makes it easy for the website visitors to collect substantial information from a single site. Also, it allows the search engine crawlers visit your website quickly, thus getting a clearer picture about the real nature of your website.
How to Interlink Your Web Pages
There are some necessary steps to create your internal linking plan. You can begin by:
- Mapping things- This is compulsory if you are maintaining a more prominent website. You can start it with the help of Google Spreadsheet or an Excel File. You can think of different headers that you feel is relevant. However, you can start with the following options:
- The title of the page
- Main targeted Keyword
- Other important keywords
- Pages that you are linking
- Anchor text
- Keyword Research- You can either supplement the keywords from the title of your WebPages or select the same from the content, as well from the headings. You can even use Google’s Keyword Planner, or take help from the web tools for some idea. The primary concern is to pull out keywords that enable you to get keywords, which are relevant to the concerned article.
- Website Searching: Once you have found the relevant keywords:
- It’s time to use them and find older items.
- See whether the old things that you have found can be linked to about 4-5 recent articles
- If you identify the materials that can be back-linked, read quickly through them. This would enable you to find pertinent sections. Map them with the anchor text that corresponds to them.
- About Fetching and Rendering: After you have finished linking, make sure that you send the pages for crawling. This would make Google look at your pages once again. Thus, it would come across the changes that you have made.
The Do’s and Don’ts about Link Building
Let us skim through the dos of interlinking your website:
- Apart from the question of ranking, consider the real value that the interlinking would bring to your company website. Weigh out the options, discussing issues like relevancy, authority, and potential traffic.
- Try getting newer links with this little trick. See whether any local company is mentioning your company name or services in their articles, yet not linking to the URL. You might reach out to such authors and request them to link back.
What you should not do about interlinking:
- Try not to ask for definite anchor text. It might make things look spammy.
- Never sell or buy links which would pass PageRank.
- Understand that the ‘hidden links’ have become a thing of the past. If you make it, then the crawlers would find them out in no time.