Optimizing your company website through a local link building has a distinct advantage. It exposes you to a big chunk of targeted traffic, as well as leads. It also helps to introduce your services and products to people living near you, who might be looking for the products that you offer. However, there are some steps to make them impeccably:
Online Directories and Citations
Citations help your business to get featured in the nearby business directories. They are an amazingly good way to initiate localized link building. But what are the citations? How would you get them? Simply put:
- They are an online presence of the name of your business, physical address, and phone number.
- Some of the most common sources of citations include:
- Google recognizes citations, thus helping you with SEO
Again, you can submit the information about your company in Google My Business. This would allow your enterprise to show up on the Google Maps. It would also appear when your customers like your company, or search for the services that you provide.
About Community Businesses and Sponsorships
Sometimes, you can get great sponsorship chances. All you need to do is to Google for different phrases. As for example, consider sponsor+ [the place you live in], or sponsorship + [the name of your city]. Surf through the results you get. Visit different organizations and see whether they are linked to any other companies that have ever sponsored them. If you choose any event to partner with, then get in touch with the event organizer of the specific company and inquire whether they need any sponsorship from you.
Setting Strategies for Great SEO Service
Apart from getting local links, a competent localized SEO strategy needs to have the following elements, as well:
- ‘Local’ Keyword Research: It involves finding out the phrases that the people living nearby your business generally use to search for the services you offer. You might want to include those keywords in the Meta description, as well as to the title tag of your company website.
- A Well-Structured Data Markup– Adding them to the code of your company website would enable Google to show more business about your company, as well as that of your services.
- Review for Local Business: They help in better ranking of your business in the search results. Also, they offer online and social evidence of your company’s reliability.
Simple Tips for Better Link Building
There are some straightforward things that you can do to improve link building:
- Sponsor your local bloggers to arrange an event for your business
- Give away cool prizes, such as samplers and discount coupons to reach to new leas
- Volunteer at a charity event near your place
- Write an interesting article about the industry events that pertain to your business
- Never forget to invite the local news agencies to report your events. The people working there are ever-hungry to imbibe local exciting news feeds.
Biggest Misconceptions That Local SEO Experts Mention
After everything said and done, it is time to clear the fogs on some of the biggest misconceptions that business owners often have about linking back.
- Some local SEO service providers tend to take these links to be ‘side dishes.’ Sometimes, they consider blunt on-page optimization, and too much of citation building is everything that they need to nail things. However, unless you are targeting a highly un-competitive industry, you cannot skip the necessity to add links which are relevant to your business.
- Understand that link-building has never been a one-hit miracle. It is an ever evolving and ongoing process.