SEO or Search engine optimization is not a voluntary marketing activity anymore that is reserved for the tech-savvy only, but it is an essential requirement for achieving the best results. It helps in indexing and ranking your website on the various search engines such as Bing and Google and for also enhancing the reach and visibility of your brand. However, implementation of an SEO needs a lot of patience, work, and effort to make it a successful one. This is the reason it is vital to take out time and apply the technical tactics. In order to make sure that you do not miss anything, there is a complete SEO checklist for the website.
- Technical SEO – It includes completing different jobs, which makes it possible to rank your site. The actions help the search engines to access the site, interpret information, and index it on the SERPs.
- Open Accounts on the reporting platforms – You need the tools that can make you stay at the top of the SEO efforts. The vital software includes Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster, and Google Tag Manager. All these are free reporting platforms but offer invaluable analytics and diagnostic data. This shall help you to track the progress and make the adjustments after completing each item from the checklist.
- Build as well as submit the XML sitemap – XML sitemap is the roadmap to the website. Presenting a sitemap file acts as a guide for searching the engines when it crawls the web pages. Building and submitting a sitemap are very straightforward. Many web platforms have the plugins or built-in and the add-ons that can create a file for you. The sitemap gets updated automatically, and it is in tune with the site pages. You can also use the free tools for generating the static sitemap. It includes the free reporting platforms.
- Create the robots.txt file – It is an instruction manual for the search engine robots. It says the robots the method to crawl the site and the parts or the pages that need not be indexed. It is a vital step as of how the search engine robots examine the complete site as the default setting.
- Examine all the domains – It is crucial to explore all the site domains in case one of them redirects to the primary domain. It may seem to be a simple fix but do not oversee it. A wring HTTP code may duplicate the content and confuse the crawlers while indexing the site.
- Enhance the speed of website – If someone as a user has to spend three minutes or more for loading the page, then there are chances for it to bounce from the website. This is the reason the search engines have integrated the ranking factor of page speed, and this is the reason the site should be loaded within a second.
- Creating a mobile-friendly environment – According to a report, there will be almost 3 billion users of smartphones by the year 2020. You can run a mobile-friendly test on Google for determining the website is performing on the small devices. Though the WordPress themes scale to smartphones and tablets automatically, yet you should do QA or Quality Assurance for determining the real usability of the website on the small screen.
- Include the SSL certification- Security is a significant factor. Mozilla, Opera, Chrome, and the other browsers make sure to alert visitors and raise the red flags saying the website is not secured. This is the reason; a site must have an SSL certificate in its place, and it is a symbol of trust also.
Optimizing the website for the search engines need dedication, effort, and consistency. If technical SEO is implemented effectively, then you can be a top spot.